You’re a senior procurement professional or head of department.
The Professional Diploma focuses on giving you the strategic acumen to align functional, organisational and supply chain strategies, and to devise and implement change management. The course develops your skills in areas including leadership of stakeholders, the procurement function, teams and relationship management, and project and financial management. For more information, see course module details below.
Leadership in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Reference: PD1 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the main leadership skills and behaviours that are appropriate for improving procurement and supply chain management
- Be able to create a communication plan to influence personnel involved in a supply chain
- Understand how to overcome common challenges faced by procurement and supply chain managers
- Understand the main methods to lead change in the supply chain
Corporate and Business Strategy (CIPS Reference: PD2 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the concept of strategy in organisations in supply chains
- Understand the main elements of strategy formulation and implementation that impact on supply chains
- Understand the implementation of strategies in supply chains
- Be able to develop a plan for the development of the supply chain functional strategy
Strategic Supply Chain Management (CIPS Reference: PD3 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand how strategic supply chain management can support and influence corporate and business levels of strategy
- Understand how different aspects of supply chain design can influence the supply chain strategy
- Understand the main techniques to achieve effective strategic supply chain management
- Be able to create a plan to achieve effective strategic supply chain management
Supply Chain Diligence (CIPS Reference: PD4 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the main implications of globalisation on supply chain management
- Understand the main aspects of the corporate environment and their impact on supply chains
- Understand the main financial aspects that affect supply chains
- Understand the main performance measures of the supply chain
Programme and Project Management (CIPS Reference: PD5 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the main aspects of major programmes and projects
- Understand the main contracting issues for major programmes and projects
- Understand the main approaches to the planning of major programmes and projects
- Understand the main approaches to the control of major programmes and projects
Legal Aspects in Procurement and Supply (UK) (CIPS Reference: PD6 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the main legal issues that relate to the formation of relationships in supply chains
- Be able to interpret and apply implied and express contractual terms that impact on procurement and supply
- Understand the main regulations that impact on procurement and supply
- Understand the legal implications of contractual non-performance in procurement and supply
The experience of lecturers and the co-students at Amilak Training Center assists to obtain inputs on different sectors of business, enable you to bounce ideas and to get input from different perspectives. The theories are related to actual examples and case studies that assist with implementation of such initiatives in the work place.
CIPS Student - Highest Scorer in PD3!
Studying CIPS at Amilak has helped me to improve and do my work more professionally. It's also enabled me to assist my colleagues and share better ways of doing our work by adding value to the organization through procurement processes.