You’re moving into a junior or middle management procurement role, or you supervise the procurement function.
The Diploma addresses planning and forecasting for future demand, forward planning for contract development, negotiating volumes, margins and standards, creating and controlling specifications, and contract management. It also covers the supply market and chain, negotiating with suppliers, conflict resolution and performance review. For more information, see course module details below.
You will need to have completed either the CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations, the CIPS Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply or the CIPS International Advanced Certificate in Purchasing and Supply. Alternatively, you will need either two years’ experience in a business environment, two A-level qualifications / international equivalents.
Contexts of Procurement and Supply (CIPS Reference: D1 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the added value that can be achieved through procurement and supply chain management
- Understand the stages of sourcing processes in creating added value outcomes that can be achieved with suppliers
- Understand the main aspects of organisational infrastructure that shape the scope of a procurement or supply chain function
- Understand the need for compliance with requirements when undertaking procurement activities in different sectors
Business Needs in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Reference: D2 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand how to devise a business case for requirements to be sourced from external suppliers
- Understand the fundamentals of specifications and key performance indicators that are included in contractual arrangements made with suppliers
- Understand the main clauses that are included in formal contract
- Understand the main implications of outsourced work or outsourced services for procurement
Sourcing in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Reference: D3 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the main options for sourcing of requirements from suppliers
- Be able to develop a plan for sourcing goods or services from external suppliers
- Be able to assess the financial stability of potential suppliers
- Understand the main processes that can be applied to the sourcing of requirements from external suppliers
- Understand compliance issues when sourcing from suppliers
Negotiating and Contracting in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Reference: D4 | Guided Learning Hours: 50)
- Understand the legal issues that relate to the formation of contracts
- Understand the main approaches in the negotiation of commercial agreements with external organisations
- Understand how to prepare for negotiations with external organisations
- Understand how commercial negotiations should be undertaken
Managing Contracts and Relationships in Procurement and Supply (CIPS Reference: D5 | Guided Learning Hours: 30)
- Understand the dynamics of relationships in supply chains
- Understand the legal aspects relating to the performance of contracts
- Understand the main approaches to achieve the management of contracts
- Understand the main techniques for the management of contracts and suppliers
The experience of lecturers and the co-students at Amilak Training Center assists to obtain inputs on different sectors of business, enable you to bounce ideas and to get input from different perspectives. The theories are related to actual examples and case studies that assist with implementation of such initiatives in the work place.
CIPS Student - Highest Scorer in PD3!
Studying at Amilak has given me the insight to understand my function in a business and has given me the confidence to take on new challenges.
CIPS Student - Highest Scorer in D1!
Studying CIPS at Amilak has helped me to improve and do my work more professionally. It's also enabled me to assist my colleagues and share better ways of doing our work by adding value to the organization through procurement processes.
CIPS Student - Highest Scorer in PD5!
It has been phenomenal, eye opening (with the best lecturers helping us to have better understanding) and choosing Amilak has been the best decision for my career.