You’re in an operational procurement and supply role.
You will develop the robust knowledge to: understand and apply demand management through manual or IT based systems, carry out stock valuation and ordering, arrange supply logistics and the necessary paperwork, and implement new contracts, including queries on performance, and financial management and contract review. For more information, see course module details below.
No qualifications or experience are necessary. If you have the CIPS Certificate or CIPS International Certificate you’ll find this qualification builds on your current professional understanding, and we encourage you to take the CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations first.
Procurement and Supply Environments (CIPS Reference: AC1 | Guided Learning Hours: 30)
- Understand the role and scope of procurement and supply in different economic sectors
- Understand market forces that impact on procurement and supply
- Understand the external environment and its impact on procurement and supply
Procurement and Supply Operations (CIPS Reference: AC2 | Guided Learning Hours: 30)
- Understand the main techniques that can achieve added value through procurement operations
- Understand the main tasks associated with each stage of the sourcing process
Procurement and Supply Workflow (CIPS Reference: AC3 | Guided Learning Hours: 30)
- Understand the workflow involved when making agreements with suppliers
- Be able to develop a standard purchase order for goods or services
- Be able to interpret data relating to the workflow involved in procurement and supply
- Understand how to deliver effective customer service to improve workflow in procurement and supply
Inventory and Logistics Operations (CIPS Reference: AC4 | Guided Learning Hours: 30)
- Understand the main implications of purchasing and supplying inventory
- Know the main methods for the storage and movement of inventory
- Understand the principles of transportation in logistics
Procurement and Supply Relationships (CIPS Reference: AC5 | Guided Learning Hours: 30)
- Understand the range of both internal and external relationships in procurement and supply
- Understand the contribution that marketing makes to develop customer and supplier relationships
- Understand the elements of a commercial relationship between purchasers and suppliers
My experience with Amilak has been great. They are very professional, well organised and friendly. They must continue with the excellent work.
CIPS Student - Highest Scorer in AC5!
It has been very good, especially the fact that as a student you're offered the opportunity to express yourself and decisions are made quickly.
CIPS Student - Highest Scorer in AD5!
Studying at Amilak Training Center has opened my eyes to greater opportunities that I never thought would be accessible to me in my line of work, within the business sector and also gave me the hope in the sense that if others can do this, so can I!