You’re moving into a junior or middle management procurement
role, or you supervise the procurement function.
The Diploma in procurement and supply is a valuable management tool which focuses on how organisational procedures and processes perform in purchasing and supply, including negotiating, planning, risk management and data analysis.
The Diploma addresses planning and forecasting for future demand, forward planning for contract development, negotiating volumes, margins and standards, creating and controlling specifications, and contract management. It also covers the supply market and chain, negotiating with suppliers, conflict resolution and performance review. For more information, you will find our detailed Unit Content on the Course Details tab above.
You will need to have completed either the CIPS Certificate in procurement and supply operations, the CIPS Advanced certificate in procurement and supply or the CIPS International advanced certificate in purchasing and supply. Alternatively, you will need either two years’ experience in a business environment, two A-level qualifications / international equivalents.
|Contexts of procurement and supply
|Business needs in procurement and supply
|Sourcing in procurement and supply
|Negotiating and contracting in procurement and supply
|Managing contracts and relationships in procurement and supply
Contexts of procurement and supply
- Understand the added value that can be achieved through procurement and supply chain management
- Understand the stages of sourcing processes in creating added value outcomes that can be achieved with suppliers
- Understand the main aspects of organisational infrastructure that shape the scope of a procurement or supply chain function
- Understand the need for compliance with requirements when undertaking procurement activities in different sectors
Business needs in procurement and supply
- Understand how to devise a business case for requirements to be sourced from external suppliers
- Understand the fundamentals of specifications and key performance indicators that are included in contractual arrangements made with suppliers
- Understand the main clauses that are included in formal contract
- Understand the main implications of outsourced work or outsourced services for procurement
Sourcing in procurement and supply
- Understand the main options for sourcing of requirements from suppliers
- Be able to develop a plan for sourcing goods or services from external suppliers
- Be able to assess the financial stability of potential suppliers
- Understand the main processes that can be applied to the sourcing of requirements from external suppliers
- Understand compliance issues when sourcing from suppliers
Negotiating and contracting in procurement and supply
- Understand the legal issues that relate to the formation of contracts
- Understand the main approaches in the negotiation of commercial agreements with external organisations
- Understand how to prepare for negotiations with external organisations
- Understand how commercial negotiations should be undertaken
Managing contracts and relationships in procurement and supply
- Understand the dynamics of relationships in supply chains
- Understand the legal aspects relating to the performance of contracts
- Understand the main approaches to achieve the management of contracts
- Understand the main techniques for the management of contracts and suppliers
Do not wait another second!
Please contact us to get registration dates for this course.