You’re a senior buyer, contract manager or supply chain manager.
The Advanced diploma in procurement and supply is designed to give you the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives. It helps you develop the knowledge base to reduce cost, improve quality and timescales, manage the supply chain and deal with legal issues.
The Advanced diploma focuses on cost reduction and added value of purchases and supplies, improving timescales and stock control, management and innovation in the procurement and supply process, and developing legal and risk management expertise. For more information, you will find our detailed Unit Content on the Course Details tab above.
You will need to have achieved the CIPS Diploma in procurement and supply or the CIPS Foundation diploma in purchasing and supply. For more details please contact us.
|Management in procurement and supply
|Managing risks in supply chains
|Improving the competitiveness of supply
|Category management in procurement and supply
|Sustainability in supply chains
|Operations management in supply chains
Management in procurement and supply
- Understand the development of management and organisational behaviour
- Understand the main approaches to managing individuals involved in the procurement and supply function
- Understand the main approaches to managing work groups or teams involved in the procurement and supply function
- Be able to develop a plan for the main aspects of human resource management for the procurement and supply function
Managing risks in supply chains
- Understand the nature of risk affecting supply chains
- Understand how effective project management can mitigate risks in supply chains
- Understand the main processes in managing risk in supply chains
- Be able to propose risk management strategies to mitigate risks in supply chains
Improving the competitiveness of supply chains
- Understand the dynamics of supply chains
- Understand the main methodologies that can improve supply chains
- Be able to develop a plan to achieve competitive advantage in supply chains
- Understand the main techniques for supplier development to improve supply chains
Category management in procurement and supply
- Understand approaches that can be adopted to develop strategic sourcing and category management for a mix of procurement expenditures
- Be able to create a plan for a strategic sourcing or category management process
- Be able to develop an implementation plan for strategic sourcing or category management process
- Understand the main aspects of performance improvement for strategic sourcing or category management processes
Sustainability in supply chains
- Understand the impact of sustainability in supply chains
- Understand initiatives and standards to improve sustainability
- Understand the process of incorporating sustainability into the sourcing process
- Understand the importance of compliance with standards to achieve sustainability in supply chains
Operations management in supply chains
- Understand the concept and scope of operations management in supply chain organisations
- Understand aspects of the design of operations management in supply chain organisations
- Understand capacity planning and control in operations management in supply chain organisations
- Understand the main improvement methodologies that can be applied in operations management
Do not wait another second!
Please contact us to get registration dates for this course.